RE: Responding to a PR?

From: Dirk Bergstrom
Subject: RE: Responding to a PR?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:16:53 -0800

> Hello all, I was wondering if there is a builtin way to
> respond to a new PR?
> The two emails, one asking for more information and one giving that
> information were not tracked because they were done with an
> email. It would
> be usefull to have this new information in the PR stored in
> gnats, is this possible?

definitely.  it's how gnats is designed to work.  gnats should be set up to
listen on a given email address (usually "bugs").  emails received at that
address which have a PR number correctly formatted in the Subject: header will
be appended to the relevant PR.

most of the mail that gnats sends out has a reply-to address that points to
gnats.  so replying directly to a PR will get your message appended.  also, if
you Cc the gnats address in your mail to the submitter, and format the subject
properly, the message will be appended.

the gnats docs should cover this, though it's probably in the texinfo docs,
rather than the manpages.

--
Dirk Bergstrom               address@hidden
Juniper Networks Inc.,          Computer Geek