Re: Debugging

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: Debugging
Date: 27 Dec 2001 12:00:26 +0100

    SMP> Hello All, Is there a way to get debugging info from Gnats? I
    SMP> am hacking dbconfig and when I do something wrong submitting a
    SMP> new PR just mysteriously fails without an explanation.

GNATS sends some information to syslog.  It could send more, but it
seems there is no way to enable it :-(.  If you compiled GNATS from
sources yourself, you can set `debug_level' in misc.c to `LOG_INFO'.

Unfortunately, logging in GNATS is poor.  Please file bug reports on
anything you're missing in this area, at
http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=gnats .

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
I think any law that restricts independent use of brainpower is suspect.
                                               -- Kent Pitman in comp.lang.lisp