Re: FAQ

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: FAQ
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:02:26 +0100 (CET)

    HS> Should the source be TeXinfo, or is something else more
    HS> appropriate?  (HTML?)

    MZ> Please stick with Texinfo.  It can be converted to
    MZ> (almost) anything reasonable

Yes, it is amazing to see the many formats that can be generated
from Texinfo.

I have not been very happy with the output of texi2html,
especially with the navigation stuff that it produced every few
lines.

BTW, thanks to Gerald Pfeifer for pointing to "makeinfo --html".
Its output looks much better, in my opinion.  I have to play a
bit with it--it currently only produces one large HTML file.

    MZ> and Texinfo documents can be easily included into the
    MZ> manual (which would be IMO a good idea in the case of
    MZ> your FAQ, if you have nothing against it).

I don't think that an FAQ should be part of a manual.  But I do
think that it should be made available together with the
software, like the manual and maybe other documentation.

    MZ> I'll try to review the document more closely to give
    MZ> you some feedback as soon as I have some time to do
    MZ> it, I'm a bit busy now.

Thanks!

Hans-Albert

--