Re: Problem connecting to gnatsd

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to gnatsd
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:03:48 +0100

At 18:45 09.02.2002 +0000, Koundinya wrote:
Hi all,
        Sorry if this is a very Frequently asked question. I've
installed the latest gnats gnats-3.999.1 and the latest gnatsweb
too. I have got the command line Interface working.

When I try to do a telnet to port 1529, I get a connection
refused. I don't see much error details from /var/log/messages.

A default Redhat 7.1 installation comes with fairly strict IP filtering enabled, so that access to most ports is blocked. You will probably need to create a /etc/hosts.allow file with the entry like this, if my memory serves me correct:
support: ALL
(assuming your GNATS servise is called "support")
Anyway, a "man hosts.allow" should be a good starting point.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer