Re: Gnats Ver.3.113

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: Gnats Ver.3.113
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:57:54 +0100 (CET)

    CC> Hi, It found some informix scripts in the source
    CC> code. Does the Gnats ver.3.113 only support Informix
    CC> database system? If no, What database does it support?

I guess you mean the stuff in contrib/sql.  These files have been
contributed by somebody (I don't know by whom) and are not
supported by the GNATS developers.

As contrib/sql/README explains, the idea with these files was to
extract data from GNATS and upload them into a relational
database for easy generation of management reports.

This does *not* mean that GNATS can use Informix or any other
RDBMS to store its data.

There has been some discussion last year about making GNATS more
flexible regarding what database to use (currently only plain
files, as Milan Zamazal already pointed out).  But this is
currently not on the schedule, as far as I know.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider
Munich, Germany