Configuring gnats

From: Bodnyk, Bruce W
Subject: Configuring gnats
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:14:16 -0500

I'm attempting to install gnats 3.113 on a system running Debian Linux. I've
tried
to follow the installation guide but seem to be having some problems. In
addition I
installed gnats2w to have web access to gnats.

When I access the /cgi-bin/gnats2w/index.cgi I get the Bug Tracking System
page
but when I attempt to access one of links nothing happens. I do get a
message at the
bottom of my netscape page saying "Connect: Contacting host: localhost...".
Eventually
I get a "Not Found" page saying the requested URL
/cgi-bin/gnats2w/submit.cgi was not found
on the server.

I'm getting the feeling that my gnatsd daemon is not running.

I added the line "support 1529/tcp   #GNATS" to my /etc/services file.

I also added the line
"support  stream  tcp  nowait  gnats  /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
gnatsd" to my
inetd.conf file.

Is the gnatsd daemon supposed to be running all the time?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Bruce

Bruce W. Bodnyk