User account

From: Andrew
Subject: User account
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:53:56 -0800

Hi,

I am new to gnats but experienced with ClearQuest. Now we are going to use
GNATS 4.0. I need your help on these questions:

1, When I install the GNATS into our LINUX server (as GNATS server), I
followed the instruction and use the user "gnats", that owns all the gnats
related files and database. Should I now create general user accounts for
every our user? I want that if a person from our network to login to the
GNATS, at the first login, it will automatically create the user account
with the passwd by users' choice. Does anyone have the solution to do that?
Please give me detailed instructions.

2, The STATES.
How can I add or delete the states and build the state-change logic? is
there any interface to do that? I noticed that the file
"/usr/local/com/gnatsdb/gnats-adm/states" contains all states, but where is
the interface to change it, that means how to easily customize the gnats
states to my requirement.

3, Where can I find the gnats customization details, e.g. how to customize
the gnats web page items?

Thank you very much!

Andrew
858-362-0101 (o)