RE: User account

From: Andrew
Subject: RE: User account
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:48:57 -0700

Hans-Albert,

Thank you very much for your help and answers! I might not make some of my
questions clear.

> No.  The GNATS user database (.../gnats-adm/gnatsd.access) has
> nothing to do with the UNIX user database (/etc/passwd, NIS,
> LDAP, or whatever).

I certainly do not want all our users/reports share the "gnats" user
account. The "gnats" is now as an admin account, it owns everything. How can
I easily set user accounts individually in GNATS for them to report PRs?
otherwise how can they login to GNATS?

>    Andrew> and build the state-change logic?
>
> I am not sure what you mean.  The default dbconfig file logs any
> change to the state of a PR, forced by

Please see my attached doc which show the state logic. How can I build such
a logic. In ClearQuest, there is UI interface for CM to build and change
state logic. I just want to know if GNATS has a similar interface.
For example, if a PR current state is "Working", then if a user edits the
state, the states shown in web display page should be either "Working" or
"Solved", no other state should be shown for choose.

> Each database has such a file.  Just edit it; there are a lot of
> comments in it describing the format.
>
>    Andrew> 3, Where can I find the gnats customization details,
>
> In file .../gnats-adm/dbconfig.
>
>    Andrew> e.g. how to customize the gnats web page items?
>
> Gnatsweb is a separate tool and has its own documentation.
> Create a file gnatsweb-site.pl in the same (CGI-) directory
> whereh you place gnatsweb;

I need to modify gnatsweb display to ensure my "states" are correctly shown
in the web page; or when I modified the "state" file, all the changes will
be automatically picked up by the webpage display functions so to display my
states?

My GNATS 4.0 has been installed and is working, but states and the web
display is not all what I want, so I got these questions. I hope you who
have customized the GNATS before and who involved in designing GHATS give me
detailed instructions.

Thank you!

Andrew