Using gnats on Debian

From: Luca Manini
Subject: Using gnats on Debian
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:39:39 +0200

Hi,

I've just installed gnats on my Debian box (plain apt-get install
gnats).

What's the easiest way to 'see something working' to start playing
with it (from Emacs of course)?  I hoped to be able to do send-pr but
I got connection error.

I've looked to the INFO files, but they go into too much detail too
early. I've seen that the line in /etc/services is added
automagically, the same for /etc/inetd.conf (but it was commented). In
/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access (wrongly referenced as
gnatsd_host.access in the INFO) access is denied to everybody by
default (I added a localhost:edit line).

Still, when trying send-pr from Emacs I get a Ínput timeout from
server' error.

        Any hint?
        TIA, Luca.

PS Please email answer(s) directly to me (also) as I'm not subscribed
to the list.

PS gnatsd 4.0-beta1
   linux 2.2.7
   Debian testing/unstable

PS For send-pr, the man-page says to refere to send-pr.info, but this
   is not installed by the gnats package (and the gnats-user one want
   to deisntall gnats!). Any hint? OK, this is a Debian question, but
   I suppose to find some Debian users here also ;-)