Responsible not based on category?

From: Jim Searle
Subject: Responsible not based on category?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:41:27 -0700 (PDT)

Is it possible to configure GNATS 4 so the Responsible person is determined
from different criteria?

The reason is something like this:
I have "productA", which is a category, then I have a "product" file which
is like this:
subA:productA:userA
subB:productA:userB
This says that productA has the sub-products "subA" and "subB", when a new
PR comes in, I'd like it to be associated with userA or userB, not the
"category" responsible person.

I know I can do this by making categories be productA-subA &
productA-subB... But I'd prefer the previous method.

BTW, I've changed gnatsweb to allow JavaScript to modify the "Sub Product"
menu, to contain valid choices based on the "Category" menu...  If anyone
is interested in that...