Q: default value for single-line text fields ?

From: Dirk Schenkewitz
Subject: Q: default value for single-line text fields ?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:50:47 +0200

Hi Guys,

Sometimes it would be really handy to have defaults for single-line
text fields (type 'text') like for most other types (like 'integer',
'multiline', 'enumerated-in-file', 'enum' ...). Gnats4 does not
support that (till now).
Therefore I have some questions to the developers/patch submitters:
 - would anyone else be interested in that ?
 - if there is enough interest, is someone able to build it in ?
   (It looks like it requires much more knowledge of the code than
    I have now, and I'm too busy with other stuff to spend some
    weeks to find out about it, so I hope someone out there is
    able to do it in much less time...)

Thanks to everyone, gnats4 is a big step ahead!
        dirk
--
Dirk Schenkewitz

InterFace AG                 fon: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 126
Leipziger Str. 16            fax: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 83
D-82008 Unterhaching
http://www.interface-ag.de   mailto:address@hidden