RE: Patch: Fix user authentication + MKDB

From: Pankaj K Garg
Subject: RE: Patch: Fix user authentication + MKDB
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:01:58 -0700

> But as for DES/MD5 I believe the original code is correct:
>
>   else
>     {
>       /* DES crypt or MD5 hash of the password */
> #ifdef HAVE_LIBCRYPT
>       char *encrypted = crypt (password, hash);
>       return encrypted && ! strcmp (encrypted, hash);
> #else
>       /* TODO: log some warning */
>       return FALSE;
> #endif
>     }

Thanks, yes. I stand corrected. I was thrown off by the man page
for crypt on my Linux machine. But on a bit of searching found out
that FreeBSD crypt will do this. BTW, the documentation with FreeBSD
also mentioned the use of $2$ for BlowFish algorithm. Should we mention
that in the documentation?

I'm attaching a corrected patch with the original DES/MD5 code.

Regards

Pankaj