dbconfig recipes

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: dbconfig recipes
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:06:09 +0200

I am currently adding an appendix entitled "dbconfig recipes" to the GNATS manual. I am trying to provide examples of modifications and additions to dbconfig which are useful in their own right and which also serve to illustrate the power of dbconfig.

I have added the following three items:

- "Provide Gnatsweb URL in initial response"
- "State full name of responsible in initial response"
- "Append-only Audit-Trail"
(Thanks to Mike Hoolehan for the last one -- I assume it is OK to use it in the manual)

I would like to ask everyone to post their favourite dbconfig changes/hacks. If they seem of general interest, I will add them to the manual.

Yngve Svendsen
GNATS 4 doc guy