Adding extensions to gnats/gnatsweb

From: Dieperink Alwin
Subject: Adding extensions to gnats/gnatsweb
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:07:49 +0200

Hello,

We are an IT integrator and are using GNATS for our projects for more than 8 years now. We have about 100 GNATS databases running with a common gnatsd.user_access file.

A lot of administration of all these databases is done by hand by our IT service and we wish to make it more user-friendly by adding some extensions into gnats/gnatsweb so that each project responsible can edit himself some configuration parameters.

Here is a list of what we intend to have in gnatsweb:
- manage responsibles, categories, classes, states, submitters, extra fields
- add/remove users access to a database (adding a user in the common gnatsd.user_access file will still be done by the IT service)

- change the state of many PRs in one shot
These function should be accessible only by priviledged users (which will be defined on database level).

Has someone already implemented this or parts of this ?
If we are going to implement this, we would like your feedback for the features we want to implement so that we could bring this into a new version of GNATS.

Regards
-- Alwin

Alwin Dieperink / Senior Manager
ELCA / www.elca.ch
Av. de la Harpe 22-24 / Case postale 519 / CH - 1001 Lausanne
mailto:address@hidden / Tel: +41 21 613 21 11 / Fax: +41 21 613 21 00

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are neither the addressee nor authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.