Forcing C++ to reformat

From: exits funnel
Subject: Forcing C++ to reformat
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:12:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I use emacs to edit C++ source files.  I've modified
cc mode to format my code as I desire but I' run into
a common problem.  Let's say I'm typing and I
accidently forget to close a brace or a paren and then
continue on coding.  The following code is (of course)
formatted correctly according to what I actually typed
but incorrectly according to what I meant to type :)
Okay, so I discover the probelm (say a missing close
paren after an argument list) and go back and fix it.
How can I force the buffer to be reformatted at this
point?  I hope this makes sense as I'm not too hip to
all the emacs lingo yet.  Thanks in advance for any