Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELP

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELPA Signing Agent
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:38:09 -0400

I used the (add-to-list code to add elpa and melpa in my .emacs file and
that may be working.  Why the code in emacswiki shown above the
(add-to-list doesn't work I don't know.  I could add melpa but not elpa if
melpa got added first.  If I tried adding elpa first it appears as if the

(package-initialize)
(setq epg-gpg-program "/usr/bin/gpg2")
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/";)
'("gnu" . "https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";))
package failed on that refresh attempt and melpa was never refreshed. On