RE: Bookmarks in EWW

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bookmarks in EWW
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

> Ok, I've thrown something together (draft!) and tested quickly:

Attached is something I threw together, by removing some
of the Bookmark+ features for EWW and adapting the code
to what vanilla bookmark.el offers.  Completely untested;
as is.  Perhaps you can make some use of it.

Features:

* An auto-bookmarking mode, for those who might want to
  automatically update an existing bookmark, or create
  a new bookmark, whenever they visit a URL with EWW.

* A user option for whether that mode can create new
  bookmarks or just update existing ones.

* A toggle command for that user option.

* A command to set (create or update) a bookmark for
  the URL currently visited by EWW.

* An option for whether and how an EWW buffer gets
  renamed (the default is to use vanilla EWW name,
  `*eww*').  Note: this acts beyond just bookmarking.

* An option for whether to generate a new buffer when
  you jump to an EWW bookmark (the default is to reuse
  an existing buffer for that URL).

* An option for whether to replace corresponding EWW
  "bookmarking" commands with standard bookmarking
  commands, in EWW key bindings (`eww-mode-map').

* A command to create regular Emacs bookmarks from a
  file of existing EWW "bookmarks".

HTH.