Re: saving/restoring text and overlays

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: saving/restoring text and overlays
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:23:39 +0100

Leo Butler <leo.butler@umanitoba.ca> writes:

> If I have a buffer with, e.g. display properties set to images, how can
> I save that to disk and re-open the saved data so that emacs displays the
> same "stuff"? I am not looking to export the buffer using html or latex
> or any other markup.

Without _any_ form of markup?  No, Emacs can't save buffers containing
images directly to a file.

We often had a discussion whether `enriched-mode' should be improved, or
something new could be created, to do what you want (among other things
like saving text properties).  But nobody has done it yet.

Michael.