Re: is there any vertical incremental completion in Emacs? (ivy found)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: is there any vertical incremental completion in Emacs? (ivy found)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 17:07:28 +0300

* Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> [2020-10-23 21:44]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Helm works well but is also overkill.
> > Maybe something similar already exists?
>
> I use raven for vertical minibuffer buffer/recentf/project-file
> completion (https://github.com/chameco/raven) which is pretty simple in
> comparison to helm or ivy and works nicely.  It's easy to define custom
> "sources" and "actions".

I have tried. It works similar like ivy, yet is not as polished, it is
slower on my side while ivy looks blazing fast. What is real speed I
do not know, I just say how it looks. Using two words did not give me
same result as in ivy. Additionally it depends on evil package which
is not in GNU ELPA. For now, raven is not my choice, I wish that
software depends only on GNU ELPA for now.

> > I am looking into all available built-in packages that contain the
> > word incremental, icomplete, ibuffer, allout, but I do not find what
> > would be usable.
>
> I don't think there's something like raven, helm, or ivy in emacs
> although there's some feature/icomplete-vertical branch.

It looks that ivy is excellent choice.

Now just to find how to match all words in ivy regardless of their order.

Jean