Re: Need to know how to goto-column

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Need to know how to goto-column
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 17:22:19 +0300

* tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2020-12-03 14:46]:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 02:20:31PM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> > I would like to use function goto-column but it is not there.
> >
> > Somebody knows how can I move cursor to specific column?
>
>   move-to-column

That works, especiall with

(move-to-column column t) to go to column even if there are no spaces.

I am trying to construct ordered display of various items. Maybe I
should use skeleton for that. I have 2 columns and in first one
sometimes, sometimes not, appear various properties, in second one
sometimes, sometimes not appear various properties. But in any case I
want them aligned.

If anybody knows what is usually used in Emacs to align text, may let me know.