Update the value of specific column using the values of other columns on

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Update the value of specific column using the values of other columns on-the-fly.
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 20:47:11 +0800

I want to edit a table with 5 columns, where the first column is
calculated from the other columns as below:

val_col1 = 20% * val_col2 + 30% * val_col3 + 40% * val_col4 + 10% * val_col5

I want to let emacs update the column 1, i.e., the weighted mean
result of other columns automatically and on the fly when I input the
values for other columns.

Is this possible with emacs? Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China