Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 19:23:38 +0000

That's not the proposal, that's the way you look at the proposal. The proposal is to free one or two keys,

You clearly said _one_ key, many times. Glad to hear now that it's two keys (or at least "1 or 2").

and to reserve them for third-party libraries. Freeing one or two keys is (would be) an effort from the viewpoint of Emacs,

Not if they're currently not bound by default.

I wonder: did you actually read the proposal?

Your proposal, "to reserve _ALL_ keys currently not bound by default", has I fear no chance whatsoever to be adopted.

It certainly has no chance if it's not even proposed. And your immediate subsequent pull-back proposal hasn't helped.

I'm sorry to read you've seen it as a pull back. What I saw was that your request was being ignored, and I tried to help with something more constructive.