Re: on how to install gnutls dlls on windows

From: Wayne Harris
Subject: Re: on how to install gnutls dlls on windows
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 18:43:30 -0300

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

[...]

> Is there a reason for using a separate Emacs when it is available from
> MSYS2/Mingw-W64?
>
> pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs
>
> should do the right thing. Then use /mingw64/bin/runemacs.exe.

I didn't know it was available from there.  Thank you for the info.  I
actually discovered the MSYS2 project quite recently --- I was searching
for a 64-bit readline DLL and I found only find in ``MSYS2'', but its
version was 8 when 5 was I needed.  (I ended up recompiling as a 32-bit
application the program I wanted to run to use the readline-5 32-bit
that I had around.  Such is life.)