Re: on how to install gnutls dlls on windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: on how to install gnutls dlls on windows
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 23:36:22 +0200

Wayne Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> If I may, I still have one question.  When I look at the dependencies of
> emacs.exe, I don't see, for instance, LIBGNUTLS-30.DLL.  In fact, I only
> see core Windows libraries.
>
> Doesn't emacs.exe depend on LIBGNUTLS-30.DLL?

Emacs loads certain dlls at runtime, only when you use a feature that
requires them.

Dependency Walker, by default, only shows dlls that were required at
link-time (when the Emacs executable was created) although it also has a
method for running an application and watching the dlls that it opens at
runtime.

Please note that Dependency Walker might be problematic on 64 bit
applications.

Process Explorer displays all running processes and the dlls that they
are using (among other information).