Re: music with/from Emacs

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: music with/from Emacs
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 23:53:30 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Arthur Miller wrote:
>
>> Sonic Pi?
>>
>> https://sonic-pi.net/
>
> I got it from the Debian repos, how does it work?
>
> Can't run it in the Linux VT and in X it is just a huge white
> screen, I have a resolution of only 640x480, maybe I should
> get a monitor then, but from Emacs I mean?

I don't know never tried it in Emacs. :).

It is like a sequencer, but instead of clicking on boxes like in say
FruityLoops you write code that plays or pauses the tone, changes
frequency etc.

You will have to look it up, I don't use it myself, I just know about it
for other reasons. It's a Haskell framework, maybe you can write
bindings for Emacs? No idea.