Re: Emacs Modular Configuration: the preferable way.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Modular Configuration: the preferable way.
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 02:03:53 +0200

> In some functions it matters if you end filename with
> a slash or not when you work with directories.

I can imagine the situation but if it should do different
things depending on if it is a directory or a regular file, it
is better for these functions themselves to determine what it
is, and not rely on the user of the function to insert a slash
to denote a directory...

>> Or what do you think one should do to put together for
>> example the complete path
>> ~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/erc/erc-iterate.el ?
>
> I pasted you an example from my init file.

All that can't possibly be less error prone than a simple
string concat with `format', besides what errors exactly are
we trying to avoid?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal