Re: How to rename files to numbers in Eshell?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to rename files to numbers in Eshell?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 17:34:28 +0200

Felix E. Klee wrote:

>> Pipes may be replaced by buffers, capturing information in
>> a buffer and processing it thereafter.
>
> ... which makes it super slow

But Jean is re-writing all his Bash to Elisp so he surely has
a lot of time :)

No, seriously, Jean, while in general I absolutely cannot
understand this idea or see the benefits, I'm sure there are
many cases where a Lisp solution (Elisp solution from Emacs)
is as good or even better - so when you stumble upon those
cases in your translating efforts, by all means do show it
to us!

Post the code here as you do, it is appreciated despite my
style issues with your code ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal