Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 09:40:13 +0100

Kevin Vigouroux via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At first, personally, I would have started from a large
> number of existing features that I could have reused.
>
> For the design, I would rather point towards XLIFF 2 [2],
> precisely because fundamental ideas have already been
> formulated and implemented.

I got this far:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/ecat-incal.el

The next step ...

An algorithm to search the database. [Difficult]

The step after that ...

A visual interface to present options from the database;
a keyboard ditto to choose, one-touch style close-and-short
asdf jkl; from presented options. Also an "edit manually"
function ... [Not exactly easy but will require more work
than brains.]

And the step after that ...

A self-learning or adaptive algorithm that, based on the
usage, will alter the ratios in the database so that the
algorithm will, by itself, given enough input that indicates
one way, present that result ... [Interesting.]

After that ... sideshows :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal