FW: [External] : Question Regarding How To Adjust Default Zoom Level In

From: Drew Adams
Subject: FW: [External] : Question Regarding How To Adjust Default Zoom Level In Every New Buffer
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 18:54:35 +0000

[Forwarding my initial msg to the list, as it got dropped from Reply All]

> Is there a way to adjust an Emacs config so that it adjusts the default
> zoom level to +1 or +2?
>
> I ask because on my work Macbook, the default fonts are so small, but
> this is a limitation because of how dumb Macbooks interpret screen
> resolution when you connect two monitors to it since its based upon the
> laptop screen's resolution as the standard. Otherwise, you would have
> to blow up the text and font size of everything within the MacOS
> settings which makes web browsers look really jenky.
>
> With this in mind, is there any way to adjust the 'text-scale-adjust'
> value so that it starts at +1 no matter what?

Why do you want to start with +1 `text-scale-adjust',
as opposed to just setting the font with the size you
want in `default-frame-alist'?  That will give you
the baseline size you want for text-scaling (as zero,
not as +1).

(You could adjust that setting to whatever platform
you're currently running Emacs on.)