Re: lamers on IRC

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: lamers on IRC
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 17:16:23 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> You mean because Usenet is decentralized and replicated?
> That is similarity with Fediverse.

Fediverse is like Usenet (Usenet was first) but that's under
the hood, the architecture, a backend issue or whatever you
want to call it. The way the Fediverse is used is absolutely
unlike the group hierarchies of Usenet (and today Gnus with
Gmane) and it's not just an interface thing alltho the
interface obviously is completely different as well.

> I think news servers are so much more accessible and more
> sane, than Fediverse, as topics we sorted, and there are
> threads, Fediverse is poor on that, on the other hand, it
> needs browser which is easier accessible to people of today
> than special applications.

There is an app for smartphone use, Tusky, but the web
interface is better in terms of features.

> And yes, I consider that people don't get smarter with time
> due to influence by large corporations.

Well, it's complicated ...

--
underground experts united