Re: GNUS: how to see all recent messages?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: GNUS: how to see all recent messages?
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 13:15:26 +0000

On Friday,  4 Nov 2022 at 22:22, Sergey Organov wrote:
> I wonder if it gets any easier if we limit the scope to nnml groups,
> i.e., to the split mail that is locally available in corresponding GNUS
> files/directories, and we consider "recent" by, say, receive time?

I use nnml for all of my emails.  All the individual groups are grouped
(for want of a better word) into a few topics (e.g. work & personal).
Then I can search a whole topic with a single command.  I use notmuch
which allows me to say "date:today" or "date:yesterday" (or specify an
actual range of dates etc.).  That suffices for me generally and I do
use splitting quite a bit.

TL;DR: use gnus search instead of the limit feature in gnus.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-11-01) on Debian 11.4