Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 20:28:01 +0300

* Petteri Hintsanen <petterih@iki.fi> [2022-12-27 19:07]:
> Is there any way to "quit" yes-or-no-p queries with MS Windows dialogs?
> I mean in the same way C-g would do in the minibuffer?

(setq use-dialog-box nil) ➜ t

and now you can interrupt it by using C-g:

(y-or-n-p "OK? ")

> Then I try to close (kill) Emacs by clicking on the "X" button on the
> upper right corner of the frame.
>
> A dialog pops up, asking whether I'd like to clock out and save.  This
> dialog has "Yes" or "No" buttons, but no way to cancel, as far as I can
> see.

I understand, that is serious usability problem. There shall be option to cancl
such dialogs.

On my system I can't see them, I do not know why, even though my variable:

use-dialog-box ➜ nil

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns