Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 20:23:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What is "an active (running) clock"?  Can you show simple instructions
> to reproduce this, for someone who doesn't use Org every hour of every
> day?

Org-mode can clock your working time, in the same way as timeclock
package does.  Starting a clock is similar to doing M-x timeclock-in.
Actually the same issue can be replicated simply by:

- M-x timeclock-in RET
- Enter any project name.
- Quit Emacs by clicking on "X" button.
- Dialog pops up asking "You're currently clocking time, clock out?"
- No way to cancel?

For completeness, here are instructions for org-mode:

- C-x C-f foo.org RET
- Enter a headline, for example

* foo

- Move point onto the headline and do C-c C-x C-i (org-clock-in) to
  start the clock.
- Save the buffer by C-x C-s
- Quit emacs by clicking on "X" button
- Dialog pops up asking "Clock out and save?"
- No way to cancel?

However, I found an acceptable workaround: set confirm-kill-emacs to
y-or-n-p.

Thanks,
Petteri