AW: [Help-gnu-radius] regexp raddb/clients

From: Frank Matthias
Subject: AW: [Help-gnu-radius] regexp raddb/clients
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:32:31 +0100

Hi Sergey,

> No, not currently. The only way I can propose is some kind of
> auto-generation via an ancilliary script.
It's possible to do this.

> I remember someone asking about it before. I'd like to implement it,
> but I will need some more detail. Could you describe how do you see
> this feature?

1. It exists a range of addresses which addresses network devices,
e.g. 192.168.1.1-9/24
therefore a regexp and a common key could solve this.
A entry in raddb/client could look like:
192\.168\.1\.[1-9]   commonkey

2. It is a community string defined, as done in SNMP or TACACS+,
and every host knowing the community string is allowed to
send authentication or accounting requests.
Community String means the key in RADIUS wording.

What do you think about it?

Regards
Matthias