[Help-gnu-radius] SQL auth doesn't work

From: Gordon Shamway
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL auth doesn't work
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:58:29 +0000

Hi there!
I can't understand what's wrong with my radiusd configurations - SQL authentication doesn't work.
My users file is just like this:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
               Simultaneous-Use = 1
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
               Framed-Protocol = PPP

I have proper lines in sqlserver

server servername
port 3306
login radius
password 'some passwd'
doauth yes

I have good shaped tables in RADIUS db (user test with encrypted password) in mysql server as well (just like in the manual)
Of course I configured radiusd with --with-mysql option.

Everything seems OK, but when I try to log in, I get authentication failure and the only thing in radius.log is ...[10707]: Auth.notice: Login incorrect: [test/]: CLID 192.168.0.170 (from nas ...)

The strange thing is that radiusd doesn't even try to connect to mysql server - the query log is empty.

Can anyone give me a clue, pls
Regards
Tarambuka