[Help-gnu-radius] radutmp, radwtmp and detail files

From: Norman Schmidt Jr
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] radutmp, radwtmp and detail files
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:49:08 -0300

Hi Folks!
Just installed gnu-radius 0.96.3 on Slackware 8.1. I plan to migrate to
MySQL userbase, but for now I just using Auth=System and trying to
substitute the old machine which runs an old version of cistron radius...
Everything seems to work fine in this new server, users authenticate ok, BUT
there is no radwtmp file on /var/log, there is a /var/log/radutmp but its
empty and never change (so radwho and radlast are useless) and only the
"detail.auth" file is being generated, the good old plain "detail" file with
starts and stops isnt being generated. That "detail.auth" is useless for me
too, since my log processing scripts all rely on the starts/stops of the old
format "detail" file.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Norman Schmidt Jr               Porto Alegre RS (51) 32229279
http://www.norman.com.br        Soluções com Linux desde 1996