Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radutmp, radwtmp and detail files

From: Edward Rudd
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radutmp, radwtmp and detail files
Date: 25 Jul 2002 23:36:14 -0500

The radwtmp is created when a radius session is started (ie. the
accounting server is contacted)
Since I am not doing session logins only Authenticate-Only logins I
don't have a radwtmp  nor a detail in my radacct/NASNAME/ directory.
but I ran radsession test it..

[root]# radsession --start -l dummy -p dummpass --sid random_session_id
Accounting OK
[root]# radlast
dummy   local   000 0.0.0.0     Thu Jul 25 23:29 still logged in
[root]# radsession --stop -l dummy --sid random_session_id
Accounting OK
[root]# radlast
dummy   local   000 0.0.0.0     Thu Jul 25 23:29 - 23:30 (00:00)

so, make sure your NAS clients are talking to the accounting server.
(port 1813)

also here is what was put in my radact/local/detail file..

-- detail --

Thu Jul 25 23:29:38 2002
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        User-Name = dummy
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Acct-Session-Id = 1234
        NAS-Port-Id = 0
        Group-ID = drip_ws
        Group-ID = admin
        Timestamp = 1027657778
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

Thu Jul 25 23:30:29 2002
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        User-Name = dummy
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Session-Id = 1234
        NAS-Port-Id = 0
        Timestamp = 1027657829
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

----

It's the same format as detaul.auth so you're most likely going to have
to rewrite your log processing scripts.. or use the output from
radlast.. Or use the mysql accounting.