Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radutmp

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radutmp
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:32:33 +0300

> Sorry for english is poor!

No problem. I suppose your mother tongue is Chinese, isn't it?
If so, you can write to me directly in Chinese (to address@hidden)

> On the assumption that radutmp can work correctly.(the file 'radutmp' will be
> larger more and more,the time to find the match entry will be longer. )

Generally speaking it won't. Radutmp has fixed entries for a
nas-ip/nas-port combination, so it will grow only when you add
a new NAS, wich does not happen too often.

> Whether it can auto check the user alive, and stop the session when some
> times later,by config max idle time,
>
> for example:
> i set five miniutes as max idle time, if after five miniutes ,no any
> changes,then stop the session, at lease ,

No, it is NAS responsibility to do this.

> should delete from radutmp, so once abnormity happens,the same user
> name can login again after five miniutes.

Again, NAS must send stop records.

Regards,
Sergey