[Help-gnu-radius] Attributes? Radius for a router.

From: Gerald
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Attributes? Radius for a router.
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

First of all I'm router ignorant and I'm working on that still.

Right now my users file is:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
                Simultaneous-Use = 1
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

I and sqlserver is setup to pull UN/pass for dialup and all is peachy
and coming along well there. I'd like to setup authentication for a cisco
7206 router to hit this radius server too. I had already commented out the
sql attrib query lines in the sqlserver file for the moment. What kind of
entry does a router need in a users file, or does it need something in
the attrib DB?

Do I need to have a corresponding attrib DB or is that just another widget
I can play with later to simplify my text users file?

What Framed protocol does a router speak or need?

Perhaps someone can show me what they changed to auth a router from their
radius setup?

There are only 3-4 usernames that are in the regular user DB that will
need access to the routers.

Sorry if any of the questions are silly. I've got a lot better at radius
and working on getting better with routers. This focus on 2 of my
weaknesses is probably revealing my ignorance here. Feel free to point me
to appropriate documentation and TIA for any help.

Gerald