[Help-gnu-radius] A Newbie - How do I use Radius to authenticate LAN use

From: Fred Kamwaza
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] A Newbie - How do I use Radius to authenticate LAN users
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:33:38 +0200 (CAT)

Would you please assist!!

I have been squid to authenticate and log users on my LAN.  Two problems
with this arrangement:

1. the system is checking authentication at every request - slowing down
the system considerably.

2. I am not able to get the length of a session.

I understand that Radius can be used instead.  I have just managed to
install a radiusd-cistron-1.6.6 on a RedHad 7.1 system.  I had the opinion
that I will be able to use it to log accounting data and authenticate users
on my LAN.

If this is possible, how do I do it?

Fred Kamwaza.