Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting problem?

From: Mehmet Avcioglu
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting problem?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:44:12 -0400

I think that means an accounting pocket with the same unique id came from the NAS. Like NAS resent because it did not receive the acknowledgment for the first one, etc.. So you don't want to log these, these are definitely duplicates and not simultaneous uses of the same username.. Then again I am not exactly sure, maybe someone else can confirm...

- Mehmet

Kurt Tragant wrote:
Hi list,

what does these entries mean?

Okt 20 00:16:12: [2705]: Acct.info: login: entry for NAS
192.168.110.16 port 20131 duplicate
Okt 20 00:16:12: [2705]: Acct.notice: NOT writing wtmp record (1) for
`',NAS Max-2,port 20131

As I understand, the first line is an info, that more than one
connection with a given user name is established. The second line
means, that the second authentization is not accounted. Am I right? If
this is the case, how can I configure radius, that every login will be
accounted? Thank you in advance...

Regards
Kurt Tragant

Multimedia Messaging ist da! Die Zukunft des Messaging hat begonnen.
http://mobile.lycos.de/mobile/local/mms/