Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Max users

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Max users
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:18:39 -0400

> P.S. I've got up to 250,000 before at the last ISP I worked at and that
> takes a lot more creative load balancing and many more radius servers
> spread out. Disclaimer: that wasn't on gnu-radius though.

I had horrendous problems running MySQL (locking issues, SQL *hanging* issues,
ugh) -- I dropped MySQL like a bad habit in favour of Postgres which is
overall faster when inserting the accounting records for over 1000 concurrent
users (7-8000 subscribers).

I am, however, looking for a method to do a hot failover.  I'm trying to do
something to keep the accounting records intact.  Multiple RADIUS servers
talking back to a single DB would do it, but Postgres doesn't have a decent
way to replicate yet.  :-(

Regards,
Andrew