[Help-gnu-radius] Solaris Local Password Issues

From: Roger E McClurg
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Solaris Local Password Issues
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:10:44 -0400

I've got another one. I have two servers running GNU Radius 1.1. Both are
configured the same. One is running Redhat 9 the other Solaris 8.

On the Linux machine I can configure a local password (Auth-Type = Local,
User-Password = xxxx)  and the Radius server interprets and acts correctly.
On the Solaris machine the same configuration fails. On the Linux machine I
can see the user password and the "local" password in the debug log. On the
Solaris machine the user password is always shown encrypted. Based on
numerous tests I believe that the encrypted password is being compared to
the plain text one, and thus the failure.

Sergey, You know more about this than anyone. Do you have an idea what is
causing this, and what I can do to make it work on Solaris? I'd love to go
with Linux, but the boss just bought this very expensive sun machine....

Best Regards,

Roger McClurg
address@hidden

for such purpose.