Re: [Help-gnu-radius] combining Simultaneous-Use attribute

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] combining Simultaneous-Use attribute
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:28:57 +0200

List User <address@hidden> wrote:

> Radius log:
>
> ct 22 17:27:47 Auth.notice: (AUTHREQ 192.168.222.2 40 mama): Login OK
> [mama], CLID unknown
> Oct 22 17:27:56 Auth.notice: check_ts(): unknown NAS

That's the reason why simultaneous use did not work. Radius was unable
to query the NAS to make sure the user session was actually open.

> With above said, my NASLIST file is empty. Is having exact IPs addresses of
> the NAS devices required for Simultaneou-Use to work?

No, but knowing *type* of the NAS is required. Type is used when
verifying each registered login. For detailed description, please see

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_82.html#SEC155

If you don't know all IP addresses of your NASes, you will have to  use
DEFAULT entry in your raddb/naslist. For example:

DEFAULT  <short_name> <type>

(see http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_42.html#SEC96)

When using this setup, <type> is usually set to "true", unless you are
sure all your NASes are of the same type.

Regards,
Sergey