Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Encrypted Password

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Encrypted Password
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:21:10 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, sandra wrote:

> I need your help. I can´t to do, that my users connect for modem using
> Encrypted Password. I´m using data base postgresql.
> I have in users:
> user Auth-Type = Crypt-Local,
>    Password-Location = SQL,
>         Simultaneous-Use = 5
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                 Framed-Protocol = PPP
>
> Any suggestion?

Hi Sandra,

I always ask a few starter questions to make sure I know your setup.

What version of gnu-radius are you using?

What OS are you running gnu-radius on?

What is the error message in the radius logs when your users try to
connect?

What is your sqlserver auth query and what does the output of it currently
return?

Of note, the Manual does say

> user Auth-Type = Crypt-Local,
>    Password-Location = SQL,

can be simplified to:

Auth-Type = SQL

...but that shouldn't prevent you from using that setup unless there is a
bug in radius. (rarely happens ;-) )

Gerald