Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Encrypted Password

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Encrypted Password
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:53:54 +0200

sandra <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need your help. I canĀ“t to do, that my users connect for modem using
> Encrypted Password.

Probably your equipment uses CHAP authentication, which requires that
the passwords be kept in plaintext only. The possible solutions are:
(1) force your equipment to use PAP, (2) reconfigure the database
to keep plaintext password. I'd suggest the first one, since keeping
plaintext passwords is not safe and is not always possible.

Regards,
Sergey