Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Long startup time

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Long startup time
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:51:19 +0200

Greg G <address@hidden> wrote:

> to process requests" message.  truss shows me *nothing* during this
> time.  ps tells me that its' in the 'run' state or taking up 40%+ of
> one of my CPUs.  What is it doing during this time,

It is trying to resolve all the host names it finds in the files
raddb/naslist and raddb/config.

> and is there possibly a way to shorten it?

There are two possible solutions: either (1) set up your DNS so it
correctly resolves everything, or (2) start radius with --do-not-resolve
option (adding `resolve no;' to the option block of your raddb/config
will have the same effect).

Regards,
Sergey