Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Configure User-Name format?

From: Maurice Makaay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Configure User-Name format?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:16:01 +0100

Hi,

> I'm looking to update my radius server, and I've hit a small snag with
> GnuRadius 1.1.  It doesn't like one of the usernames that I have in my
> users file.  This user happens to have an ampersand in it.  As far as I
> can tell, RFC 2138 allows for this in the User-Name field if the format
> type is "simple."  It looks like GR is using the "monolithic" format as
> default.  Is there a way I can override this setting?

In the CVS version of gnu-radius, I see the following list of acceptable
username characters: address@hidden&\\/
The ampersand is in there. If you cannot use a user with an ampersand
in your users file, check if adding the following line to your config
file helps:

   username-chars  "address@hidden&\\/:";

This directive is used to set the list of allowable special characters
for gnu-radius. If this does not help, then please send your users file
entry to this list. It might be a problem in gnu-radius.

Regards,

-- Maurice Makaay