Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Long startup time

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Long startup time
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:58:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Greg G wrote:

> >Is DNS configured for forward and reverse of your primary IP address on
> >this machine?
>
>    Yes.  Does that matter?  What is it doing during these two minutes?

I haven't seen it affect radius for any reason, but I know some programs
do a lookup of forward and reverse to setup which IP to listen on
properly. I know sendmail will hang for a while if it has DNS issues. Just
a thought.

>    Well, that's not really a useful number, since it's just doing a HUP
> and isn't checking results in any way.  I mean:

Lets go by these numbers then which we both should have:

Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.info: Reloading configuration now
Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.info: Terminating the subprocesses
Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.notice: child 44579 exited with status 0
Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.info: Loading configuration files.
Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.info: reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/config
Nov 24 12:55:11 Main.info: /usr/local/etc/raddb/users reloaded.

I got sidetracked with the Password attribute in my other E-mail.

Gerald