Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql

From: Greg G
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:19:10 -0500

Gerald wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Greg G wrote:
I fixed that by installing mysql, but now I have a different problem.  I
have no idea how to configure the radiusd to actually *use* mysql.  The
radiusd man page refers to config(5rad), but I can't see anywhere that
said page is being created.

You've read the manual and been unable to set it up?
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_5.html#SEC120

The manual walks you step by step through setup of a database to
authenticate off of. Let me know if you got stuck somewhere in particular
though. Is your mysql server started?
  Silly me.  I expected to find the appropriate docs in the distro. :)
I got that bit working. Now, I'm on to the next problem in the sequence. I've created a user in this database, but when I try to use radauth (which doesn't work the way the README says it does, BTW), I get this in my log file:

(AUTHREQ local 12 ggersh): Invalid user [ggersh], CLID unknown

What does this mean? I'm running the radauth on the same host as the radiusd. I'm sure this is something basic that I'm missing.

-Greg G